Skip to Main Content

What To Do When There Is An Injury At Work

1. Get the Injured Employee Medical Attention

Severe Injuries call 911*

Severe injuries and/or hospitalized requires an immediate call to Environment Health & Safety Hotline at (310) 825-9797.

UCLA Occupational Health (OH) - 10833 Le Conte Avenue,17-240 Center for Health Sciences (CHS)

(310) 825-6771

7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday

After OH Hours use Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center Emergency Room

757 Westwood Plaza (ER entrance Gayley Ave, north of Le Conte)


If the injured employee works at an off-campus location more than 30 minutes from UCLA Occupational Health, then the employee may be seen at an Occupational Health Clinic Partner.  A list of Occupational Health Clinic Partners is located at the following link: OH Clinic Partners

2. Complete the Injury Reporting Process Within 24 Hours of Notice of Injury

Complete this via the Electronic First Report (EFR) System. In order to use EFR, the following is required:

      *UCLA Single Sign On – ID & Password

      *Web Browser must be Firefox or Google Chrome  (Not compatible with Internet Explorer)

      *Employee must be in UCPath. This system cannot be used for volunteers.

If you are unable to access EFR, then complete this Incident Report & Referral form and submit a copy to:

If completing the Incident Report & Referral form, Employee and Supervisor complete and sign the top two sections. Send the form with the employee to present to the medical provider.

Please try to accommodate your employee's temporary work restrictions, if any. If you have questions, contact Employee Disability Management via e-mail at: or call (310) 794-6948 and select option 2. For further information use the staff resources directory.

3. If the Injury is more than First Aid, Give the Employee:

  • The Employee complete sections 1-9. 
  • The Supervisor completes the bottom sections 12-14 and 17-19.
  • Give the Employee a completed-signed copy.
  • Send the original form to your HR (Human Resources)/Payroll/Personnel representative.

2) When an Injury Occurs Pamphlet

Additional Information for Employees, Visitors, and Volunteers

Employees who have already filed a claim should contact Sedgwick CMS, the University's third party administrator for Workers' Compensation. When an injury is reported, Sedgwick CMS determines eligibility and administers all benefits accordingly.

For general questions, contact the UCLA Campus Workers' Compensation Program Manager or UCLA Campus Workers' Compensation Program Analyst.
See the related articles for information regarding injuries to visitors, students and volunteers.

Contact Information

 UCLA Campus Workers' Compensation Program Analyst: (310) 794-6952

 UCLA Campus Workers' Compensation Program Manager: (310) 794-6954

 UCLA Campus Employee Disability Management: (310) 794-6948 select option 2

 Claim Report line: (877) 682-7778