The University’s travel insurance protects the health, safety, and security of UC staff, faculty, students, and guests*. It is important to know how to access these benefits when traveling out of state and abroad.
*Guests participating in a UCLA sponsored and supervised event with travel paid for by the University.
Important Travel Information
Remember to register your travel and to complete your travel profile (first create your login via the "welcome email") with your emergency contact information. Accurate information on travel plans is needed in order to deliver the services and protections the travel insurance policy offers.
If you need assistance while traveling, contact:
UHC Global Assistance
(410) 453-6330 (From outside the U.S.)
(800) 527-0218 (From U.S. and Canada)
Please reference your policy number and UHCG ID number when making a call.
Faculty Business Travel Accident - ADD N04223810 - UHCG ID Number 363381
Student Off-Campus Accident - ADD N04223822 - UHCG ID Number 363391
Education Abroad Program (EAP) - ADD N04834823 - UHCG ID Number 362881
- Search for “Worldcue Mobile” from the App store or Android Google Play and download the app.
- Sign In to the Worldcue App using your activated Traveler username and password.
- The Worldcue app
Important Worldcue Mobile App utilities:
- Hotline Button: Use this button to connect with University of California's 24X7 Hotline Center in the event of an incident.
- Check-in Button: When asked by UCLA, use this button to communicate your safety during a dynamic security event (i.e. terrorist attack, tornado, tsunami, shooting).
- Crisis Button: Use this button if you need immediate assistance during a dynamic security event and cannot speak on the phone. Defer to the hotline button if you can.
Region/Country Specific Travel Insurance information
- As of October 2017 security benefits such as security extraction are suspended by iJET for: South Sudan, Iraq, Libya, Syria and Yemen. There is no prohibition from travel there, but security related costs will not be covered by iJet.
Travel to Polar Regions (e.g. Greenland and Antarctica) will require that you provide additional information (return completed form to UCLAtravelalerts@irm.ucla.edu) prior to your travels, including coordinating your evacuation from these areas with United Healthcare Global. Evacuation from these areas can necessitate additional planning and resources.
UC Travel Insurance Information: Get information on UC Travel Insurance Programs.
UC Trip Planner: Get global travel advice regarding security, transportation, health-related issues, cultural affairs, etc. with this pre-trip planning resource.
United Healthcare Global Intelligence Portal: Create an account with our travel assistance provider to access location based medical intelligence, travel, and security information.
UC Official Business Travel Insurance Benefits: Details the travel insurance benefits for faculty, staff and students traveling out of state and abroad.
UC Personal Travel Program: Love the benefits offered through the UC Business Travel Program? Now you can purchase them for your own personal travel through the UC Personal Travel Program!
UCLA Mobile Program: If you are traveling internationally and plan to use your mobile device for email, please contact the UCLA Mobile Program at email@example.com to add international features before you leave the country. Data roaming charges without a plan are very high and are applied if international data roaming is turned on, whether or not you actually use your email or web browser.